Technical Support Engineer
We are a leading provider of innovative software solutions that addresses challenges associated with managing – People, Facilities and Assets across Africa.
We are a leading provider of innovative software solutions that addresses challenges associated with managing – People, Facilities, and Assets across Africa.
What you will work on
Your main duties shall be to set up, implement and support our solutions.
You will diagnose and troubleshoot systems and hardware problems and ensure that our customers enjoy uninterrupted access to our services. You will also assist in various project management and software development roles.
What we are looking for
A proactive individual, who works to beat deadlines and communicate effectively.
Energetic tech specialist with a positive attitude to be able to contribute to high-quality customer service and ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly.
- Monitor Systems uptime, attempt to resolve downtime or errors, and escalate issues based on given service levels
- Monitor and update end-user applications and systems
- Set up and configure new and existing client applications and portals
- Control and manage existing and new client applications and portals
- Train end users on how to use Identigate Systems
- Collect and consolidate client issues and feedback and report the same to responsible technical teams for resolution, system updates, and changes.
- Keep clear records of technical issues and feedback from active client accounts
- Research and identify solutions to end-user applications (web and mobile) and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and system configuration
- Take clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email, or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their end-user applications are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain cordial relationships with clients
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, computer science, or equivalent
- Minimum B Plain High School Score. A score of B or Higher in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Subjects shall have a higher advantage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including developers, sales, project management, and other engineers.
- Great client relations management
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities, and deliver high-quality work within tight timelines.
- Experience with technical or customer support in a software field.
- Reports to the Technical Manager (Directly) and Executive Leadership Team.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the System Engineers, Project Management, sales, and account teams.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Accurately maintains task details and reports on the same on a weekly basis.
- Maintains timetables and ensures all deadlines are met. Must be flexible and display initiative in working on new tasks.
- Keeps an accurate record of projects’ status and informs management of any delays or key issues.
- Administrative tasks are accomplished carefully and thoroughly, with appropriate questions asked when necessary to ensure that the job is done correctly.
- Meets all deadlines as indicated by the immediate supervisor